Return to the Journey
To Transplant and Beyond
It has been a while since my last post and folks are wondering what's up!
Sorry about that, but A LOT has been up since November - it's pretty much "all good" -- but of course you and I both know that "the devil's in the details" so I better get at them, to catch you up.
[𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘦𝘸 "𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘱 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘴" 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘨: 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘈𝘥𝘢𝘮, 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘺, 𝘗𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘺, 𝘌𝘴𝘵h𝘦𝘳, 𝘋𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘥, 𝘒𝘪𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦...]
So, today I will just put out the TOPICS with a quick status. Then over the next days, I will fill in details one by one until we get caught up.
1. GENERAL HEALTH -- "Good!" Making some good choices and seeing results. Just added a new "team member" - a nutrition clinic in Reno.
2. COVID-19 -- "At least I can (wake up to) smell the coffee!" Took a lot longer to fully 'shake it' than expected. Waiting for immunization shots...
3. LIVER CANCER -- "No news is best we can expect for now." January scans shows no change, awesome because getting bigger would be bad. Talked with Liver Dr. today and Radiation Dr. tomorrow.
4. LIVER TRANSPLANT EVALUATION -- "Not a binary answer!" Much to discuss. Bottom line: I'm not YET on the list for REASONS. I have a lot to think about and work to do.
5.A. DAD PASSING / ESTATE -- "Life IS Change" or as one of my author-clients would say, "Shift Happens". Moving on (so quickly), letting go (of so much), and making it work (angst armed with boxes and tape).
5.B. SELLING HOUSE -- "An existential climb up the mountain of despair..." I left 1/2 or 2/3 of my 'stuff' in Chicago when I moved to CA in 2011. AND NOW I HAVE 2x AS MUCH STUFF to deal with AGAIN and (potentially) less " " to put it.
5.C. MOVING -- "Baskin Robins Syndrome with only a jar of change." Basically, I have no idea...
6. THE BUCKET LIST -- "I AM planning a National Tour...someday? Soon-ish?" See #2, See #5.A-C. Then maybe Spain (see #4)
As always, I welcome questions, inspiration, and encouragement. Let me know if you are up for a visit...or a room-mate. (Thank you SO MUCH to whoever it was who offered to donate --- but, sadly, transplants for livers don't work like kidneys.)